Saturday, October 21, 2017

Sketching on a rainy day.....

I went to the State library of Brisbane today to sketch.  It was a very rainy day, in fact this evening it is still raining, but I had a blast.  I am a die hard Urban Sketcher..


First sketch, I was sitting at the Library cafe, waiting to see if anyone else in Brisbane City Sketchers was as crazy as me.  It has been 12 months there about since I sat here and sketched across river, and I was really taken by how much has changed and is still changing.  The only thing that really stays the same are the cranes..


After about 30 minutes or so, it was obvious that no one in the group was venturing out to sketch with me, so I headed inside the Library to the Red Box.
I drew this view looking to the left at the Kurilpa Bridge.  The Kurilpa Bridge is the longest tensity bridge in the world.


 This sketch, is of the Brisbane City Library Buildings across the river from the State library. The huge building built above them is the Brisbane City Council Building.

 I had a lovely mornng sketching, and after I had my lunch I spent 2 hours poking around the Art galleries right next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...