Saturday, June 18, 2016

Mowbray Park - Brisbane Qld

Historical Mowbray park was named after Reverend Thomas Mowbray, who arrived in Brisbane in 1847.  One od the earliest recreations was the   East Brisbane Tidal Baths, which was a 1920 swimming enclosure against the river bank in Mowbray Park. In the beginning separate bathing hours applied for males and females.
Mowbray park is now a gorgeous recreational park hosting the Mowbray Park Ferry Terminal.  You get gorgeous views to Brisbane CBD from there. 


 First sketch of the day. I did start the following sketch, got the sky in, but the watercolour rook too long to dry so I put it aside and did this one.


My sky had dried by the time we had all had morning tea, so my friend and I went back to sketch some more and I finished this.  It was a very enjoyable morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...