Saturday, April 9, 2016

Looking across the famous Kangaroo Point Cliff to the Brisbane CBD

It was a beautiful day today, up on the cliffs.  Quite hot for Autumn though, still wearing very light summer clothes.
I had a super vantage point for my "Tower of Power sketch today.  I could see the Wheel of Brisbane, Stefans Sky needle, Parliament House, and in the background Mount Coot-tha and the icon television towers.  I think I'll turn this sketch into a painting.

This sketch, I drew looking through the fence to St Marys Anglican Church.  It is a beautiful old church and was  built in 1873 by Alfred Grant to a design by diocesan architect Richard G Suter. It replaced a timber structure built in 1849 on land closer to the river.
 

 


Can you spot all the landmarks I mentioned up there?
 
 


I was sitting in the Cliff Park, being eaten by ants, but was too excited to get this sketch done to move.




2 comments:

  1. It's always lovely to see your sketches and the places in your area :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, that is very kind of you :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...