Monday, September 21, 2015

Doomben Racetrack...

Saturday sketchout with the Brisbane Urban Sketchers was a real challenge for me.  It was a load of fun though.  We headed to the Doomben Racecourse..

 First stop was to sketch the horses in their stalls.  How hard can that be.  Oh boy oh boy, very hard, seeing as I was on the wrong side of the gate, and every time I chose a horse to sketch, his/her trainer came and took it for a walk. 

Next stop the stands..  My friend and I sat what up the top to sketch the track.

Last sketch was trying to capture some of the wonderful fascinators and hats.  Sadly I ran out of time to add a splash of colour..

I sketched in my Fabriano Venezia sketchbook with my Lamy fountain pend, water-solouble graphite, and watercolours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...