Saturday, June 20, 2015

SATURDAY SKETCHOUT - SOUTH BRISBANE CEMETERY REVISTED.

What a great day today was.  The weather was fabulous, and the Brisbane urban Sketchers go to go back to the South Brisbane Cemetery and sketch in the sun!  There were eight of us out sketching, and four left after morning coffee.  Four of us went back to sketch some more.  The others were way quicker than I and they left me on my own, which was ok.  After the last one left, a Butcherbird came and sat beside me.  he played, he talked, he didn't move off the adjoining headstone for the 40 minutes it took me to finish my sketch.  After I packed up all my stuff, he gave a ruffle of his wings and flew away..

My first sketch of the day with my bamboo dip pen, speedball super black indian ink, and A4 hot press paper bound into a homemade sketchbook

 Second sketch, using my fine nib dip pen, speedball super black indian ink, and A4 hot press paper bound into a homemade sketchbook. I did the wash with a waterbrush.
I learned a lesson here, when doing the wash with the ink. Wet the paper first, there is no time to soften the hard edges.. After wetting the paper with my waterbrush, then using my 02 mop brush dipped in watered down ink, I got these amazing edges. perfect for a tree trunk.

Last sketch of the day. A4 Holcroft sketchbook 225gsm. Uni pin 0.3 pen and my Noodlers Konrad Brush Pen with Noodlers Golden Brown Ink.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...